Name your 15 absolutely favorite couples (het/slash/canon/fanon) and ask people to see what trends they notice about your couples. Try to pick different fandoms.
Easy enough. Of course, the challenge for me is in finding fifteen different fictional couples that I actually care about. (I am seriously picky with my lovins'.) And to keep the Buffyverse to a minimum. But I did it!
1. Buffy/Angel (BtVS/AtS)
2. Psyche/Cupid (Greek mythology)
3. Jon/Daenerys (A Song of Ice and Fire) Just as soon as they meet, I'm sure they'll be smitten. There may be some assassination attempts first. We'll see.
4. Willow/Oz (BtVS)
5. Simon/Kaylee (Firefly)
6. Wolfsbane/the Wolf Prince of Asgard (Marvel Comics) Obscure, I know, but I adored Rahne and he was the only worthy love interest she had out of far too many that were thrown at her.
7. Aragorn/Arwen (LotR, THE BOOK)
8. Simba/Nala (The Lion King) What? They were so compatible!
9. Spike/Faith (BtVS) I'm kind of torn here; Spike's best match ever was Drusilla, but it just couldn't work without them both being evil.
10. San/Ashitaka (Princess Mononoke) I still get teary-eyed during that scene when she stabs him and he just puts his arm around her.
11. Squall/Rinoa (FFVIII) I cannot justify this. Squall made a terrible boyfriend; he's just pretty.
12. Hitomi/Van (Escaflowne)
13. Rogue/Gambit (Marvel Comics)
14. The blind girl and the Joaquin Phoenix character (The Village) Yeah, I'm reaching here, but seriously, give this movie a chance. The dynamic of the romantic leads is quite poignant.
15. Your Mom/Your Dad (Your Life)